During the kick-off week the schedule will be more packed than in regular weeks, to get you all going with basic skills and more importantly: to get to know each other. We will have activities planned each day of the week. Please prepare by doing the following:
1) fill out the questionnaire sent to you by Shirley.
2) If you are unfamiliar with vector drawing, please follow an
Illustrator or Inkscape tutorial. We've sent you some
suggestions by email.
3) Read the class syllabus (see minor home page)
4) Watch this short documentary We Make Things by Ryan
Varga (2010, 16 mins)
You will have a basic understanding of most machines in the lab and probably have used them already!
You will have gotten to know each other
You will have published a HotGlue webpage
You will have published your first class zine
You will have experimented with conductive materials
You have mapped out skills, values, personal interests, and personality traits within the group
You will have an idea of how we work and what you can expect from the course:
BY THE END OF THE WEEK...
>> See also How We Work
Make an interactive sound portrait to introduce your classmate (or one of his/her signature traits) to the rest of the class.
Your portrait contains;
- Image (drawing, self-made object, otherwise)
- Sound (freesound mp3, self-recorded sound, otherwise)
- Interaction (trigger the sound through any conductive material, in such a way that it reflects the classmate’s character)
ASSIGNMENT DUE FRIDAY 09:30
ASSIGNMENT DUE MONDAY 09:30
Finish your hotglue.me landing page and documentation of the kick-off week (week 1):